Monday, September 19, 2011

Hummingbird 2011



Sorry I've been absent lately-
but I'm so excited that I just had to share the picture of the humming bird that I captured today. I've been photographing these beauties every season for the last four years and I feel this is my best capture yet.


I used a tripod, live view, and off camera flash.
I love the catch lights in its eye. :D Makes me happy!

I haven't forgotten about the blog that I promised to write about using extension tubes - I'll post it soon.

5 comments:

  1. This is phenomenal! I really think it's the most beautiful humming bird photo I've ever seen. So close and sharp and the colors are beautiful and you even got him resting on a tiny branch. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. I like how his head is turned to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a superb shot ! Glad I found your blog! Saw your post on G+ thanks to Kerri's share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! There are still a few stragglers hanging around in my backyard, but I can't go outside to photograph them since the mosquitoes are so bad.

    ReplyDelete