Friday, September 2, 2011

Things are not always as they seem in life and in nature.

dragonfly in September Light



I spent the afternoon with my teenage sons at Brazos Bend State Park yesterday and as we were leaving, I saw what I thought was a white butterfly flickering around but on closer inspection it was this dragonfly on a leaf. The back light on the leaf & wings combined with the sun sparkles in the background and on the spider web was so beautiful!! I composed my shot and took it all in.
I couldn't wait to get home to look at it closer and I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw.  At first, I thought the shadow on the back of the leaf was a dragonfly, but quickly realized after I zoomed in that it was a dry fly.  Double coolness!!!
This photo represents my week in life lessons as well.  Things are not always as they seem and that's why it's a good thing to wait before jumping to any conclusions.

Always when judging
Who people are,
Remember to footnote
The words "So far."
~Robert Brault

Happy Friday!
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment